Our practice areas include business litigation, corporate, reorganization and bankruptcy, banking, estate planning, and real estate law in Northeast Florida.
Litigation was the foundation for our firm’s success, and in the eyes of many in the legal community, it remains our greatest strength. We have far-reaching experience in prosecuting and defending actions for our clients, including in the following areas:
- Breach of contract, note, lease or other agreement
- Creditor rights and foreclosure
- Shareholder conflicts
- Fraud, misrepresentation and civil theft
- Business torts and breach of fiduciary duty
- Violation of non-compete and confidentiality agreements
- Infringement on intellectual property rights and unfair competition claims
- Dissolution of corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships
Corporate Formation, Transactions & Operations
We work closely with entrepreneurs and business owners from the moment of business creation through successful operations and succession planning, including in the following areas:
- Formation and maintenance of corporations, LLCs, not-for profits, and partnerships under Florida and Delaware law
- LLC and corporation operating agreements
- Contract drafting and review – for sale, purchase, licensing, guaranty, warranty, and bill of sale
- Loan documentation – including promissory notes, loan and mortgage agreements, UCC filings, loan agreements, and closing statements
- Copyright, trademark, intellectual property, and trade secrets
- Asset protection planning, creditor/debtor negotiations, contract disputes and bankruptcy
- Succession planning and buy-sell agreements
Business and Individual Reorganization and Bankruptcy
It’s an unfortunate fact that many businesses and business owners come into contact with the federal bankruptcy system at some point. It’s nothing to be feared, and our attorneys have been trusted for years to protect our clients’ rights in litigation, workouts and bankruptcy. Our attorneys are dedicated to maximizing our clients’ recoveries and claims, and have created and implemented restructuring plans for businesses in the transportation, manufacturing, agriculture, construction, restaurant, hotel and service industries and individuals with tax issues and/or issues with liens and judgments.
If you have a creditors’ rights or bankruptcy question, call us. Our areas of expertise include:
- Representing banks, other lenders, landlords, and secured and unsecured creditors
- Negotiating workouts, standstill, forbearance and liquidation agreements
- Representing business and individual borrowers in restructuring and reorganizations
- Defending preference and fraudulent conveyance lawsuits
- Prosecuting and defending bankruptcy discharge
- Initiating and completing assignments for the benefit of creditors (ABC’s) under Florida law
Banking and Financial Services
With expertise in both banking and banking regulation, Ponte Vedra Law Group offers advice and representation for banking clients on a wide range of issues. From providing legal management, workouts, litigation of special assets and distressed loan portfolios to providing advice regarding compliance with federal regulations, we have a unique combination of banking, regulatory and litigation experience. This trifecta of expertise allows us to give our clients the strategic advantage with predicable, and often more timely results. We handle real estate loan transactions, asset-based lending, financial transactions for banks and lenders, and we have the expertise to provide the added protection and strategic edge to lending transactions in multiple arenas. Our depth of experience with the FDIC is valuable expertise considering the recent downturn in the economy and our special insights into regulatory management and negotiations.
Estate Planning, Wills, Trusts & Estates
Effective estate planning is essential to asset protection and wealth preservation. We work with individual clients, especially business owners and their families, to protect assets from unnecessary expense and risk. Proper estate planning can help protect you, your family, and your business from a wide range of potential pitfalls, threats and expenses. Next, we use our knowledge of Florida asset protection law to find the best or most ideal options for our clients’ estate planning needs. Durable powers of attorney, financial powers of attorney, joint tenancy, living wills, Medicaid planning, elder care, long term disability, conservatorships, trusts, wills and various other legal approaches can be used to carry out estate planning. We tailor each recommendation to the individual needs of each client, and we follow through in the event changes to the plan are needed or issues arise that call for additional measures and protection.
Real Estate Law
We represent real estate developers, investors, lenders and businesses throughout Florida by negotiating and preparing for: Acquisition, Development, Financing, Sale, Leases (landlord and tenant), Ground, Build-to-Suit, Office, Retail, Industrial, Subleases, Negotiation, and Closing of Real Estate Acquisitions and Sales.